TO9 evolution olfactometer
The TO9 evolution olfactometer has all the functionality of the TO8 evolution olfactometer, plus the dual-forced choice method.
The maximum dilution increases to 217 allowing you to measure samples of higher odour concentrations than is possible with the TO8 evolution olfactometer.
Just as the TO8 evolution, this olfactometer can be used equally as a home-based laboratory, as well as a mobile on-site laboratory to keep sample storage time to a minimum, to increase flexibility, and to offer quicker reporting.
The provided WiNose evolution LIMS ensures the best quality at all odour measurement sites, by supporting you in fulfilling essential quality management and quality control procedures in your day-to-day lab operation and audit preparation.
The TO9 evolution olfactometer is available as 4-station or 6-station olfactometer and meets all requirements of EN 13725:2022.
- Yes / No (EN 13725)
- Dual Forced Choice
- Triangular Forced Choice (ASTM 679)
- Intensity (VDI 3882 Part1)
- Hedonic Tone (VDI 3882 Part2)
- Dual Forced Choice / Hedonic Tone (NVN 2818)
- Dual Forced Choice / Intensity
- Configurable intensity and hedonic tone scale
- Triangular odor bag method – GB/T 14675 – 93
- Available as 4-station or 6-station olfactometer
- Unique and specially designed dilution system
- Fully automatic, 100 % compliant to EN 13725:2022
- Analytical recovery of odorants from 85% up to 99% due to passivated stainless steel
- Easy to set up and simple to maintain
- Mobile and plug & play technology
- Fastest analysing time
- Integrated heating system and extensive flushing functions to prevent contamination
- Dedicated laboratory information management system (LIMS) for odour laboratories; fully traceable
- Ergonomically designed with optimized human-to-machine interface
Available as 4-station or 6-station olfactometer
Based on our experience we know that different odour laboratories have different requirements for their olfactometer. Thanks to its modular design, the TO9 evolution is scalable for up to 6 panellist stations. You can decide for yourself which is most suitable for your requirements; whether it’s a 4-station or 6-station olfactometer.
The TO9 evolution is an ergonomically designed olfactometer that focuses on the main sensor in olfactometry: the human nose. Our engineers have collaborated with professional industrial designers to focus on the interaction between man and machine. The height-adjustable nose masks allow the panellists to always sit in the optimal upright position, regardless of how tall they are. The centrally-located touch screen is easily accessible and suitable for both right- and left-handed users.
6 stations: 1140 x 615 x 535 mm – 43 kg
6 stations: 2, 4 or 6
~ 6 min for 3 analysis runs*
(*under ideal conditions)
2³ ( 1:8) - 217 (1:131,058) – dual-forced choice method
2² (1:4) - 216 (1:65,536) - triangular forced-choice method
usable also in Factor 2 interval - 16 steps
- Dimethyl sulphide
- Propanoic acid
(EN 13725:2022 requires > 70%)
~ 64 OU/m³ - 3l (yes/no) *
< 16 OU/m³ - 10l (yes/no) *
*(estimation with default settings)
WiNose LIMS - Your new odour laboratory management assistant
The TO9 evolution software package provides a dedicated Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for odour labs which supports your laboratory in the process of delivering odour measurements of the highest quality.
Quality management and quality control are essential for any olfactometry lab.
The WiNose evolution LIMS supports you in managing and controlling the quality of your measurements by providing many useful laboratory management tools.
From qualifying your panel and keeping track of your lab performance, to managing reference gases, projects, and clients, the WiNose evolution LIMS offers various options to support your day-to-day laboratory processes.
Full traceability of changes made to the LIMS database allows for stress-free audits with accreditation bodies.
Download the brochure below to learn more about the functionalities and benefits of the WiNose evolution LIMS.
TO9 evolution control software
The TO9 evolution software package comes also with an olfactometer control software to support your laboratory in delivering odour measurements at the highest quality.
The TO9 evolution control software supports all relevant standards such as EN 13725:2022, AS 4323.1, ASTM 679, VDI 3882 Part 1 & Part 2. With its modern look and feel, and user-friendly interface, the TO9 evolution software ensures fast and reliable measurements without overloading the user with operational information. Regardless of the level of experience of your operators, from the novice through to the highly experienced, the TO9 evolution software can give them the guidance and visual assistance that is needed to ensure measurements at the highest quality.
- Improved usability for operators through a state-of-the-art user interface
- Extended checkup features and test routines
- Real-time acquisition of data
- Integrated WiNose evolution LIMS interface ensures all results are instantly available in the LIMS and accessible to the users
- Direct transmission of results to the WiNose evolution LIMS reduces the steps in producing documentation and avoids error-prone manual copying & pasting of data
- Keep the software up to date with the automated update mechanism (requires an active internet connection)
In our installation video, you will learn how easily you can unpack, set up, and put our TO8 / TO9 evolution olfactometers into operation – quickly and all by yourself.
Especially in the current corona pandemic, traveling is difficult and sometimes only possible involving a lot of effort. It is therefore important to us that you can put your new olfactometer into operation without an Olfasense employee on-site.
At the same time, our experts will support you with subsequent training on the olfactometer control software and the WiNose LIMS via TeamViewer and Skype, so you can enjoy a comparable feeling of on-site support.