Olfasense is legally owned by Olfasense Holding BV
Registered office at Zekeringstraat 48, 1014 BT, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Mercantile registration number: 33208667.
Olfasense is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect and process your personal data when you contact us in writing (by e-mail or letter), by phone, if you submit an enquiry, enter into a contract with us or visit our website.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Personal Data we collect
When you communicate with Olfasense or use our website, the type of information that we may collect and process includes:
- Identification data – title, contact name.
- Contact data – office address, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers.
- Marketing and communications – preferences regarding marketing communications and material.
- Contract data – previous requests, quotations and order information.
- We may ask for other information voluntarily from time to time (for example, through emails, market research or surveys) to enable us to improve our service or consider the wider needs of our customers or potential customers.
Olfasense may also obtain data from publicly available sources. We do not collect special categories of personal data, criminal convictions or offences from enquiries, clients or suppliers.
The nature of our business means that we do not communicate with children (under 16) and we do not knowingly collect data from or concerning children.
How we use the data we collect
We will only use your personal data when the law allows it. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If you are a client or have expressed an interest in becoming a client of Olfasense and we have entered into a contract with you or the data is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- The data is necessary for Olfasense’s legitimate interest in record keeping and in marketing our products and services and that interest is not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation such as to HMRC; or
- Where you have given consent for Olfasense to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
We will not normally rely on your consent as a basis for storing or processing your personal data. In the event we have asked for your consent for a particular matter you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes listed above. If we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another purpose, the alternative will be a purpose which is compatible with the purpose we relied upon when we first collected the personal data. Before we use the personal data for an alternative purpose we will also take into account:
- any link between the purpose for which the data was originally collected and the alternative purpose;
- the context in which we collected the data and in particular, the extent of the relationship we have with you;
- the nature of the data concerned and particularly whether there is any special category data or data concerning criminal convictions or offences;
- the consequences of using the data for any alternative purpose; and
- the existence of appropriate privacy safeguards including encryption and pseudonymisation.
On occasion Olfasense may act on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor (for example where we process odour complaint data as part of a contract with you). When acting as a data processor Olfasense will ensure that the data is protected as outlined in this policy.
Olfasense will hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform Olfasense of any changes to your personal data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
How does Olfasense collect your data?
Olfasense may collect information from and about you via the following methods:
- Telephone conversation
- Face to face meetings
Once we receive your information, we make all efforts to ensure its security on our systems. All personal data is entered into the Olfasense Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. In all cases Olfasense will strive to avoid collection of unnecessary data (without lawful purpose).
We may also obtain information from other sources such as social networking sites (LinkedIn for example) and reputable sites where individuals themselves have made available their details.
Where Olfasense needs to collect personal data by law, or in connection with a contract we have with you, if you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In that case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. We will bring any issue of this kind to your attention at the earliest opportunity.
We DO NOT collect data about: Race, Religion, Political opinions, Trade union membership, Sexual orientation, Health information, Biometric data.
Data storage and security
Personal data collected by Olfasense is stored securely and we will take all reasonable precautions to prevent personal data from being lost, used or accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorised way.
We limit access to your personal data to members of staff, agents or third parties who have a business need to know. Your personal data will be used only on our instructions and subject to strict obligations of confidentiality. Without your explicit consent we will not sell, distribute or lease to a third party any of the personal data we collect unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
In the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach, we will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority, when we are required to do so.
Data is stored as follows:
- CRM Database – If you are a user, customer of our services, or you sent us a message, your personal details will be recorded on the Olfasense CRM database. For more information on the privacy practices of our CRM system, ZOHO, please visit: https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html.
- Olfasense secure server located in the EU.
Olfasense may on occasion need to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes described above.
- Other Olfasense group companies and locations. If we feel that another of the Olfasense group companies could better serve your requirements and it would be of benefit to you, we may pass on your contact details and brief information on the nature of your enquiry to a more appropriately situated member within the Olfasense group.
- External Third Parties – where it is necessary to implement an agreement we have with you that we contact a third party to arrange transport or access of equipment or staff to locations operated or managed by a third party we may need to share your contact details with the third party so as to ensure progress in providing the service.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice.
- To fulfil legal or regulatory obligations.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we take into account the extent, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we acquired your personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes by other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Olfasense is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification– you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing– where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling– you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Olfasense at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed. In the event that Olfasense refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
You can request the following information from Olfasense:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Olfasense) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection team, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Olfasense or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
If you wish to make any of the above requests please contact the Data Protection Team via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by contacting our local office. Please be aware that we will need to confirm your identity on every occasion that you make a request. That is for your protection. To that end we may request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights) is secure. To expedite our response, we may contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
In general, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In those circumstances, we may also refuse to comply with your request.
We try to respond to all requests within one month. Some complex requests may take us longer. In that event, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Olfasense may collect personal identification information from users of the websites in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when:
- Users visit our sites, register on the sites, register for an event or workshop, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our sites. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, company name.
- If you fill out a web/contact form on this sites your personal information will be stored in our CRM database or support systems and might be used for marketing purposes if you agree to that.
Users may, however, visit our sites anonymously. Olfasense will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain sites related activities.
Olfasense may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our sites. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. Olfasense will not collect data about race, religion, political opinions, trade union membership, sexual orientation, Health information, Biometric data.
How Olfasene uses collected information from the websites:
Olfasense may collect and use Users personal information from the website for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our site
- We may need your information to display content on the sites correctly
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our sites.
- To improve our sites
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, survey or other sites feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails when they agree
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our sites.
Your personal information stored in our CRM database system will be used by our sales or support people to make contact regarding your request for services, questions or other inquiry. We may use your information to contact you again in the future, if we believe we have an offer or information that may be relevant to you. We may also analyse collected contact information in aggregate form to better inform our future marketing efforts. We record your origin to allow us analyse the effectiveness of our marketing and search engine optimisation efforts.
We do not sell, trade, share or rent Users personal identification information collected from the websites to others outside our company. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the sites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys, CRM services, analytics. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Electronic newsletters – If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the sites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites – Users may find advertising or other content on our sites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other websites, including websites which have a link to our sites, is subject to that websites’s own terms and policies.
Analytics – Olfasense may use third-party Service Providers like Google Analytics to monitor and analyse the use of our Service:
- User and event data retention: we keep the analytical data for 26 months from the time of your first visit.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Mailchimp – If you sign up for our newsletter, which is administered through Zoho, or if you register for our sites, or send us a contact form message we will store some of your information, including your email address, name, IP address and certain information about the links you click within the emails we send you, on a Zoho server. Neither we nor Zoho will ever sell your email address or share it with any other party, unless we are legally compelled to do so. If you contact Zoho directly regarding your subscription to our newsletter, Zoho may contact you directly; otherwise, Zoho will never contact you. Only authorized Zoho employees have access to our subscriber list. You are always free to unsubscribe from our newsletter, but as long as you are registered with us we may use Zoho to send you information about our services.
Your acceptance of these terms – By using the Olfasense.com website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our sites. Your continued use of the sites following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. When we propose to make changes to how we collect, use or disclose personal data that could reduce the privacy of its owner in any way, we will notify by email all persons potentially affected, with an opportunity to opt out of such use.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
As required by local data protection regulations you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition or deletion by directly contacting us at email@example.com or at our UK address.
This document was last updated on June 13, 2022