Odour testing in the automotive sector
Olfasense is approved laboratory for odour measurements of various automotive manufacturers, including Nissan, Volkswagen and BMW.
Odour and emission testing services
Olfasense is accredited for the VDA 270 measurement method as well as PV3900 measurements.
In addition, Olfasense performs specific manufacturers’ standard checks on individual components (e.g. Nissan NES M 0160, Toyota TSM0505G and BMW GS 97013).
Our automotive odour testing is thorough and comprehensive, and we also offer individual conditioning and evaluation procedures.
We will evaluate the whole vehicle interior, to determine the overall odour character of the vehicle. Sample preparation takes place in accordance with ISO 12219-1:2012. This test can also be used to find any ‘interfering’ components that may cause an undesirable odour.
We have more to offer
Besides our automotive odour studies, we assist our clients with a number of additional services and equipment:
- Olfasense is accredited provider of the VDA 270 proficiency test
- Olfasense is organizing VOC proficiency tests for VOC emission and odour in the automotive industry on a non-regular basis.
- Olfasense can provide you with VDA 270 training kits
- Olfasense can provide you with sniffing sticks for panel selection and training according to common standards (for example ISO 12219-7)
- Olfasense is manufacturer of the 1 m³ VOC emission test chamber EK1000 and other VOC emission test chambers