If a site that you manage – or that’s within your area of responsibility – emits unpleasant odours, it may affect local residents.
No operator or regulator can control whether conflict will develop as a result – but, thanks to Ortelium, you can make sure that residents feel listened to if they decide to register an odour complaint.
Ortelium is an innovative, web-based communication platform that plant operators, citizens and authorities can easily engage with. The result is that all these stakeholders can be equally integrated into the odour management process.
Ortelium's odour complaints software records and visualises a variety of data that is relevant for dealing with odour problems and citizen complaints, providing a multilateral, easy-to-use platform.
Crucially, all parties can access the information that’s relevant to them and receive feedback on the progress of odour complaints.
If you would like to experience the overall look and feel of Ortelium and its easy-to-use functions and features first-hand, please join us for a guided online tour.
1) Council of Kelsterbach, Germany
A municipality and the local municipal wastewater treatment plant use Ortelium to identify an odour source by integrating citizens directly into the odour management process.
2) Biopole Angers, France
A municipal waste management facility has been using Ortelium since 2012 to monitor odour impacts using volunteer community field panels, spontaneous resident odour observations and professional panels.
3) São João da Madeira, Portugal
In collaboration with the Sanjotec Living Lab, citizens and various local representatives of several industry sectors were integrated in the odour management process.
- Communication and odour complaints management tool
- Promotes engagement between operators, regulators and citizens
- Odour complaint validation and prediction of future impact risk
- Operator of platform retains full access control
- Integrates site-based data with community observations
- Historic analysis and visualisation of odour events
- Can be modified according to client’s requirements