Job posting: GC-MS chemist to join our molecular odour laboratory
Olfasense is an internationally leading specialist odour consultancy, assisting industry to assess and solve environmental odour problems and to evaluate commercial products. Besides our ISO 17025 accredited odour laboratory specialising in sensory odour analysis, Olfasense runs a cutting-edge GC-Sniffing-MS laboratory for molecular odour evaluation.
Olfasense GmbH in Kiel (Germany) is looking for a GC-MS chemist to join our team on a permanent basis.
What we offer
- You can contribute to the international growth and success of our company, which is recognised as a key global player in its field of expertise.
- You will join a unique team with an international and cross-sectorial level of excellence that stands out for its friendliness, passion, creativity, innovative spirit, and professionalism.
- You will be supported by experienced consultants from Olfasense and will have access to the accumulated knowledge of the company developed over 30 years as specialist odour consultants.
- Analyse gas samples using TD-GC-MS for VOC/odours identification in samples
- Plan sample preparation, analysis, and laboratory maintenance in coordination with technical assistants
- Analyse data and report results
- Interaction with clients, including consultancy
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures
- Compose, review, and edit standard operating procedures
- Playing a role in GC-Sniffing analysis
- Regular olfactive training
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in chemistry (or equivalent)
- At least one year of experience independently performing analytical chemistry procedures
- Experience with GC-MS including maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting
- Desirable experience in GC-Sniffing or odour analysis
Skills & abilities
- Motivated to perform odour analyses with an attitude to contribute to a passionate team continuously developing new strategies for odour identification/interpretation
- Possess computer skills with knowledge mainly in Excel (MS Office)
- Ability to multitask, highly organised, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Experienced in working within a QM framework
- Ability to work independently after the initial training phase
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients in a professional manner
- German skills are desirable
- No impairments of olfactory sense (non-smoker, no anosmia, …)
- Place of work: Kiel (close to the university); occasional periods of travel possible
- Work time: 30 – 40 h/week
- Start of employment: desirable within the next 3 months
- Duration of employment: permanent employment relationship
- Contact person: Björn Maxeiner
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter by 16 December 2022 at the latest, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations, your desired number of weekly working hours, and your earliest possible starting date.