Job posting: Instrumental chemist to join as molecular laboratory member (30h/week)
Olfasense is an internationally leading specialist odour consultancy, assisting industry to assess and solve environmental odour problems and to evaluate commercial products. Besides our ISO 17025 accredited odour laboratory specialising in sensory odour analysis, Olfasense is running a cutting-edge GC-Sniffing-MS laboratory for molecular odour evaluation.
Olfasense is looking for an instrumental chemist (m/f/x) to join our company. The candidate will work alongside an experienced odour chemist.
What we offer
- You can contribute to the international growth and success of our company, which is recognised as a key international player in its field of expertise.
- You will join a unique team with an international and cross-sectorial level of excellence that stands out for their friendliness, passion, creativity, innovative spirit, and professionalism.
- You will be supported by experienced consultants from Olfasense and will have access to the accumulated knowledge of the company developed over 30 years as specialist odour consultants.
- Analyse gas samples using Thermal Desorption-Gas Chromatography for VOC/odours identification in samples
- Plan sample preparation, analysis and laboratory maintenance in coordination with technical assistants
- Analysing data and reporting results
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures
- Compose, review, and edit standard operating procedures
- Regular olfactive training
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in chemistry (or equivalent)
- At least one year of experience independently performing analytical chemistry procedures
- Experience with GC-MS including maintenance & calibration and & troubleshooting
- Desirable knowledge using Thermal Desorption technique
- Desirable experience working in an environmental chemistry lab
Skills & abilities
- Be motivated by the odour analyses and attitude to contribute to a passionate team continuously developing new strategies for odour identification/interpretation
- Possess computer skills with knowledge mainly in Excel
- Ability to multitask, highly organised, detail-oriented, and possesses excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Highly responsible and disciplined
- Be able to work independently of supervision
- Good German skills and proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients in a professional manner
- Good olfactive skills
- Place of work: Kiel (close to the university), occasional periods of travel possible
- Work time: 30 h/week
- Start of employment: ASAP
- Duration of employment: initially limited to 1 year with the prospect of a permanent employment relationship
- Contact person: Björn Maxeiner
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter by 15 March 2021 at the latest, preferably by email to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
Data protection notice
The protection of your data is important to us! In our data privacy statement on https://www.olfasense.com/Privacy, we inform you about what personal data we process about you and for what purpose, in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).