Job opportunity in Bristol (UK): Senior Odour Consultant
Olfasense has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our consultancy team based in Bristol, UK.
We are seeking a driven and highly motivated individual looking to progress their career within the specialist area of odour assessment and control consultancy.
The role would suit individuals with 3-5+ years experience in environmental consulting or regulation related to air quality / air pollution. Experience in odour assessments and dispersion modelling is desirable but not essential as full training and mentoring will be given.
The role will involve management and delivery of technical odour survey and impact assessment reports for a wide range of clients in the UK.
Effective project management and client liaison skills are essential.
Who we are
Olfasense UK Ltd is part of the Olfasense group, which is a world leader in odour measurement and consultancy. In addition to the UK, the group has offices in Germany, Spain and the Netherlands and serves a wide range of clients located all over the world.
Our UK team comprises 20 personnel located in Bristol and Northwich. We operate two UKAS-accredited odour laboratories and provide a full range of odour sampling, analysis and assessment services. These capabilities are supplemented by a world-class molecular assessment laboratory and product development centre located in Germany.
Our mission is to assist industry to solve odour problems and drive the development of new and innovative odour assessment techniques in a growing area of environmental science.
Our client base includes high-profile national and international companies across a diverse range of industrial sectors.
You will take a lead role in the delivery of odour assessment studies and expert advice, as well as seeking new opportunities and building client relationships. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation / design of proposals to meet specific client objectives.
- Project management and preparation/delivery of high-quality technical reports.
- Coordination of site survey and laboratory analysis personnel as part of project delivery.
- Undertaking dispersion modelling studies.
- Data analysis, interpretation and problem solving.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Mentoring and supervision of junior staff.
The majority of the company’s work is in the UK and Ireland. However, there may be opportunities to travel further afield as part of Olfasense’s global projects team.
Experience and personal characteristics
- 3-5+ years experience within the environmental consultancy sector, or similar organisation (preferably in relation to odour or air quality).
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to prepare high-quality technical reports on time and budget.
- Track record of client focussed project work.
- Experience in the application of dispersion models for impact assessment is desirable.
- High level of numeracy and computer literacy. Excellent verbal and written English with proven reporting skills.
- Confident communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Conscientious and self-starting, with a strong technical ability to review and interpret data.
- An effective team player, with a passion for what you do.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Education, Qualifications, Memberships:
- A minimum of a BSc degree in a relevant (scientific) discipline. Higher level qualifications are desirable.
- Membership of the IAQM, IEnvSc or similar is desirable.
- Competitive salary with potential to progress to a senior level.
- Annual bonus scheme with payment of up to a month’s salary.
- Contributory pension.
- Training & mentoring in a specialist and growing area of environmental science, with continued professional development supported at all levels.
- Support of professional memberships.
- Option for hybrid/flexible working.
- Cycle to work and employee benefits scheme.
- A full driving licence is required.
- A valid passport.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we would like to receive your application at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include an introductory letter describing why you feel the role is a good fit to your skills and experience, plus an up-to-date CV. Application deadline is 5th March 2023.
Olfasense UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment.